This hands-on course involves practical exercises and real-life simulations. This class provides an understanding of how to identify, triage, seize, search, and collect digital evidence from a variety of media, including desktops, laptops, and smartphones. Participants will learn how to acquire digital evidence utilizing both software and hardware acquisition tools and employ EnCase® Portable to search and collect digital evidence.
Students attending this course will learn the following:
- How to identify, secure, and collect electronic evidence
- How to complete an acquisition of computer memory
- How to use software for the acquisition of digital media
- How to utilize Tableau hardware bridges for the acquisition of digital media
- How to collect data from a running and turned-off computer, utilizing EnCase Portable